Friday, March 28, 2014

Catch Up #3: The Not-So-Good News

As much good news as the car and cat are, there were also some pitfalls in the last few weeks.  And none of them have been particularly kind to me.




The first, biggest one pertained to why I started training at the gym to start with.  It was for a physical agility exam, and one that I went to, ultimately knowing I wasn't likely to pass.  Even so, I decided to go in and do my best, if for nothing else then to see how much I could do.

Things I'd rather do then go to the gym
 include, but are not limited to:
Watching grass grow.
Whelp.  That ended up not being much - because between a lack of sleep, a lack of food, and nerves that were shot straight to hell, I didn't even get through the first round of tests.  I got just over halfway through it before I ducked out to go cry hysterically.

And since then, I've had trouble getting the motivation to keep training - I try on and off, but can't seem to get back on the ball.  I know I keep getting distracted, but at the same time I sometimes feel like I look for excuses not to go.

One week it was that I was ill (a head cold, for anyone curious).
Another, it was homework.
The next, was that we could 'just go walking around the mallll...right?'
And so on and so forth.  See the theme?  No gym.

So, as a consequence, I'm back to square one.  Which makes me incredibly sad in the facial regions.

Another hiccup the last few weeks has been at the school - I'm worried about some of my classes.  I'm always worried about my classes.  If it isn't fear of failing an exam in Spanish (of which we had another - and I ended up with a C on it, thank the world), it's the fear that I won't graduate, that sometime will get in my way.

Between the lack of motivation and pronounced fear, the semester has been fun thusfar.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get back into the swing of things, but we'll see what happens.  What happens will happen.

Image from stockvault.

No comments:

Post a Comment